The PV Market of Germany in numbers is as follows (cf. Fraunhofer 2019, p. 6):
- In 2018 Germany accounted for about 9% (45.9 GWp) of cumulative PV capacity installed worldwide (515 GWp) with about 1.6 million PV systems.
- The newly installed capacity was about 2.81GWp (1.66 GWp in 2017).
- In 2018 PV covered 8.7% of the German net electricity demand,
- renewable sources about 43% of the total net power consumption in Germany.
- The PV system performance has strongly improved, a typical performance ration today is in the range of 80% to 90%.