The development in the market of inverters is listed below (cf. Fraunhofer 2019, p. 9):
- The efficiency of the newest products of inverter is up to 98% and higher.
- The market share of string inverters is around 52%,
- central inverters about 44% and about 1% belongs to micro-inverters.
- The specific net retail price of all inverters in Germany is about 12 €-cents /Wp.
- Central inverters tend to be cheaper than string inverters.
- Trends: Digitalization, Repowering, new features for grid stabilization and optimization of self-consumption; storage; utilization of innovative semiconductors (SiC or GaN).